Saturday, December 13, 2008

Mahasirs mudra - Large head mudra

Sit in any meditative pose, with eyes shut. Touch tip of thumb to tips of index and middle finger. Press down ring finger so it touches base of thumb. Extend little finger. Do for each hand. Sit with this mudra for three minutes or more for headache relief.

Benefits
: Mudras are said to work by tapping the biological map of the human in the brain (called homunculus). This particular mudra relieves congestion, removes anxiety, calms the mind by balancing both brain hemispheres.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am using these tips and I have found that these are really helpful. I can feel the changes in my breath and I can breath smoothly and freely now.

Thanks for these tips.

Anonymous said...

If you will be able to do it with the proper guidance than only you will get the maximum benefit from this.

I heard that Yoga is also good for your mind as well. Is that true.

Looking forward for more details from you.

Russian Girls said...

If you can be expert in these kind of arts than I am sure you will be able to learn to control your mind and your emotions and feelings as well.

Werbemittel said...

Just imagine in early morning with the fresh air you are in garden and practice yoga.

Imagination of this is refreshing me and you can understand when you will do with your self.