Monday, December 8, 2008

Yoga helping in Headache

Brahmari helps to relax your mind

Sit up straight in any meditative pose. Shut your eyes and place the index finger of each hand in the respective ear to plug it.

Inhale and exhale a few times. Inhale deeply. While exhaling, hum gently, making a 'mm' sound with closed lips. Feel the sound vibrate in your face and the rest of your body, further involuting the mind. This is one round. Then inhale deeply, exhaling to repeat about five to ten rounds.

Points to note : Do not exert while humming. Beginners usually do so to increase the length of the humming. That will happen with regular practice. Also doing any pranayama, particularly Brahmari, while lying down.

Benefits : It is the most healing of all pranayamas, with least contraindications. It is extremely calming. It clears the sinus cavities in the face. It is used before meditation to induce mental calmness. Used in migraine relief and prevention.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I think I got the remedy for my headache and from tomorrow morning I will try to start this one.

River Place Real Estate said...

My wife have headache problem. We have tried so many medicines and doctors but still the problem is same.

Now I think this is the good option as this will heal her from headache and will change our daily routine as well.

If I will need any kind of further advice I will contact you.